- EEI and the Gulf Cooperation Council Interconnection Authority (GCCIA) signed an agreement to foster collaborative discussions on developing smarter energy infrastructure and integrating renewable energy sources within the GCCIA region, which includes the states of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the UAE, Bahrain and Oman. Joint activities will include a co-hosted conference in 2017. Read the full press release.
- EEI President Tom Kuhn and three other EEI officers briefed Wall Street analysts, bankers, and investors on the state of the U.S. electric power industry. Read the full briefing.
- EEI's International Programs held its 2nd annual EEI International Day Luncheon on Friday, February 10th, at EEI's headquarters in Washington, D.C. The luncheon featured a keynote speech by Dr. Chris Kutarna, author of the internationally acclaimed and bestselling book Age of Discovery: Navigating the Risks and Rewards of Our New Renaissance and a variety of authentic global cuisine.
- Eng. Ahmed Ali Al-Ebrahim, Chief Executive Officer of the Gulf Cooperation Council Interconnection Authority (GCCIA), delivered a presentation on The GCC Interconnection Super Grid: Transforming the Electricity Sector in the Region. Access the presentation's recording here.
- Secretary of State John Kerry and EEI President Tom Kuhn signed a joint statement of intent for collaborative action in support of the modernization of electric utilities worldwide. One of the first examples of this collaboration will be the U.S.-Africa Utility Power Sector Exchange project, which State and EEI will jointly implement to advance electric power sector reform in select countries in Africa. Read the full press release.
- Watch the year-end message from EEI's leadership, who discuss their vision for the electric power industry and the role EEI's International Programs and International Members will play.
- EEI's International Programs released its 2016 Year-End Report, highlighting activities and accomplishments in 2016, plus an outlook for 2017.